
last sunday my papa passed away unexpectedly. he will surely be missed by many. since i am so close to giving birth i can not travel to washington for his funeral. so instead i sent jonathan and made these pictures to be displayed at the funeral with my talk that my cute husband is going to read for me. (thanks so much babe for doing that for me. )
i thought i would add my talk so i will always have it.
To papa
how you will be missed . I am so sorry I can’t be there today with you to say my final goodbyes. But the doctors won’t let me travel so close to giving birth. But I want you to know how much I love you and appreciate everything you have taught and done for me throughout my life. I know you are up in heaven right now playing with Brooklyn and telling her how to tease me once she is here.
I am so grateful for all the summers I was able to spent with you and nana working on the carnivals. You have taught me so many valuable life lessons that I have used throughout my life and continue to use. You were always there to talk to about anything. Thank you for listening to all my childhood problems even though you probably had better things to do.
You taught me how a husband should treat their wife. I am so grateful that you were so sweet and kind to nana and did everything for her. Nana, papa truly loved you he still loves you everyday and is watching over you.
Some of my most fondest memories of you are your fanny pack and your shirt pockets always being full of stuff. You also always having hard candy in your pocket to give to everyone. Whenever I eat or see a Werther’s original I think of you. You taught me to put chili powder on my biscuits and gravy. Now I cant eat them will out it, I have also converted jonathan and jaxson to liking chili powder on their biscuits. I remember you always putting sugar on the counter for our cereal in the morning when we ate together. I remember when we were kids and you would make the fire in the fireplace change colors. I also thought that was so cool. I also remember a time when we were driving in the red pickup truck and you told me I should keep my feet up or else my shoes might melt because the floorboard kept heating up. I was always so scared after that, because I thought my shoes would melt to my feet.
I also remember when I got married in the temple and how we waited for you and nana because you got lost on your way. I am so grateful the sealer let us wait, so you could be there when I got sealed to my husband for eternity.
I remember how cute you were with jaxson and how much you loved to see him. I was just looking at pictures of you and him from last easter and you were so cute with him. He made your face light up with joy. I know jaxson will miss seeing you.
I cant wait to see you again. I know you will be waiting for me when it is my time to come back home. I will do everything I can to make you a proud of me. I know you will be watching over me and my family from now on til the day we meet again. I love you so much papa and I will miss you.
Love Brittany
how you will be missed . I am so sorry I can’t be there today with you to say my final goodbyes. But the doctors won’t let me travel so close to giving birth. But I want you to know how much I love you and appreciate everything you have taught and done for me throughout my life. I know you are up in heaven right now playing with Brooklyn and telling her how to tease me once she is here.
I am so grateful for all the summers I was able to spent with you and nana working on the carnivals. You have taught me so many valuable life lessons that I have used throughout my life and continue to use. You were always there to talk to about anything. Thank you for listening to all my childhood problems even though you probably had better things to do.
You taught me how a husband should treat their wife. I am so grateful that you were so sweet and kind to nana and did everything for her. Nana, papa truly loved you he still loves you everyday and is watching over you.
Some of my most fondest memories of you are your fanny pack and your shirt pockets always being full of stuff. You also always having hard candy in your pocket to give to everyone. Whenever I eat or see a Werther’s original I think of you. You taught me to put chili powder on my biscuits and gravy. Now I cant eat them will out it, I have also converted jonathan and jaxson to liking chili powder on their biscuits. I remember you always putting sugar on the counter for our cereal in the morning when we ate together. I remember when we were kids and you would make the fire in the fireplace change colors. I also thought that was so cool. I also remember a time when we were driving in the red pickup truck and you told me I should keep my feet up or else my shoes might melt because the floorboard kept heating up. I was always so scared after that, because I thought my shoes would melt to my feet.
I also remember when I got married in the temple and how we waited for you and nana because you got lost on your way. I am so grateful the sealer let us wait, so you could be there when I got sealed to my husband for eternity.
I remember how cute you were with jaxson and how much you loved to see him. I was just looking at pictures of you and him from last easter and you were so cute with him. He made your face light up with joy. I know jaxson will miss seeing you.
I cant wait to see you again. I know you will be waiting for me when it is my time to come back home. I will do everything I can to make you a proud of me. I know you will be watching over me and my family from now on til the day we meet again. I love you so much papa and I will miss you.
Love Brittany






2 comments:
What a sweet man you are married to. We know you will miss your papa a lot. If you need us for anything please call. We love you.
Dad & Cricket
OK, now that you added your talk I am sitting here crying. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but he sounds like a wonderful man. And you are right ...you will see him again one day.
Big hugs to you Brittany.
Love ya,
Cricket
Post a Comment